View all Early Career Superintendent Academy resources.
With support from OSPI, this Academy was developed to provide support to early career superintendents (first three years).
During the face-to-face workshops, we will explore the following topics in-depth:
- Leading with Authenticity
- Expanding Capacity in Your Leadership Team with a Focus on Evaluation
- Building Strong Relationships
- Prioritizing, Strategizing, and Planning Throughout the Year
- Emerging Issues
One-hour Zoom meetings will focus on emerging issues.
- One full-day face-to-face workshop; one day and a half workshop (WA State Approved Clock Hours and materials provided).
- Three one-hour Zoom meetings.
- Travel and housing expenses, if applicable
October 15, 2019 | 8:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
Crowne Plaza, SeaTac
17338 International Boulevard
Seattle, WA 98188
Breakfast, lunch, and WA State approved clock hours included.
December 11, 2019 | 9–10 a.m.
*Please download Zoom prior to the meeting. Participants will receive a Zoom meeting invitation in advance.
February 23–24, 2020 | February 23, 6–9 p.m.; February 24, 8:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
SeaTac location TBD
Dinner is provided on February 23. February 24, breakfast, lunch, and WA State approved clock hours included.
March 25 | 9–10 a.m.
May 20 | 9–10 a.m.
- Mike Nelson, Superintendent, Enumclaw School District
- Kim Fry, Superintendent, Rochester School District
Contact Lisa Gehman with registration questions.
Contact Helene Paroff with general academy questions.