WASA is committed to providing support for superintendents in transition. Whether a veteran moving to a new district or someone new to superintendency, today's leaders know they have just one opportunity to make the most of those "first 90 days." WASA recognizes how critically important it is to make a smooth and effective transition. Among the resources provided to transitioning superintendents is a "mentor" relationship with a colleague in the region. WASA mentors provide a friendly and supportive contact to assist transitioning superintendents with:
- Introductions within the region to jump start professional networking.
- Helpful guidance in developing and implementing transition plans.
- A source of information regarding services and resources available within the region.
- Confidential problem solving.
- A colleague committed to success.
If you are a transitioning superintendent and want to further explore the WASA Mentor Academy, please contact Andy Wolf at 360.489.3646 or firstname.lastname@example.org.