With support from OSPI, the WASA Special Education Director Academy has been developed to support those who have administrative responsibilities to Special Education.
• Meeting participation
• Academy evaluation participation
• Understanding state and local priorities
• Leadership skill development including building strong relationships with others
• Communication skill development
• Effective strategic management skills including organizational skill/structures
• Fiscal management
• Laws regarding students with disabilities
• Serving students with disabilities in a remote learning environment
• Supporting students with disabilities in inclusive settings
• Emerging issues
January 8 | 8:30–10 a.m.
February 3 | 8:30–10 a.m.
March 3 | 8:30–10 a.m.
April 7 | 8:30–10 a.m.
May 5 | 8:30–10 a.m.
June 2 | 8:30–10 a.m.
Registration is complimentary and includes Washington State Approved Clock Hours.
Soon after registering, you will receive your Zoom confirmation(s). Please click the link contained within to save the meetings to your calendar.
Contact Jamie Chylinski with registration and meeting questions.
Contact Mike Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org with general academy questions.